Sound effects and noisy people
The stories, the emotions, the relations can be created by words. They can also be created without them. But between speaking and keeping the scene silent, isn’t there a world of opportunities?
This is a workshop about supporting your acting using sounds. Realistic sounds, crazy sounds, annoying sounds, but the most important: your own sounds! Through different techniques and exercises, we will work on layering the imaginary world around you with sound effects to make it deeper. We also will explore different ways to use sounds in setting up scenes, edit, diving into the structure of the show, without saying a word!
Unmute your mouth, and let’s be noisy!
- 3 to 6h – Scene work based on sound effects exercises and develop our own sound box.
- 12h – Technical work on how to create a whole range of sounds, leading to working on no-word scenes based on sound effects and emotional reaction noises.
- 18h or more – All the scene work based on sound effects and emotional noises, but also using sounds in the structure of the show to develop transitions, edits and set ups. This workshop can be used to create a work around a foreign language, work with non-speaking people, children, etc.
Number of participants
- All durations – Maximum 15 participants.
Level of the workshop
- 3 to 6h – All levels.
- 9 to 15h – Intermediate/Advanced.
- 18h and more – Advanced/Professional.
The format: Noisy Places
Gael Perry changed my relationship with sound and movement. His workshop was without a doubt one of the most impactful, inspiring, and fun workshops I’ve ever attended. I recommend it 873,457,863,974,576%.