Improvise a silent play
Everybody knows Charlie Chaplin’s movies, Buster Keaton’s or more recently the French “The Artist”. How beautiful, strong and even engaged are those movies without using a single word!
This workshop aims to create an entire improvised play without using a word. Based on space object work, emotional movements and using music, it will lead the group to learn all the tools to create a good silent improvised play. The exercises will be arranged around a specific pre-determined genre (western, science fiction, fantasy, etc.), to end with a unique show in the universe you love!
Make your audience dream without having to explain them how.
- 3h – Exploration of silent work and scenes.
- 6 to 9h – Deeper work on space object, caracter work and silent scenes.
- 12 to 18h – Deep work on silent storytelling. Possibility to work on a specific silent show or project.
Number of participants
- All durations – Maximum 12 participants.
Level of the workshop
- 3h – Beginners/Intermediate.
- 6 to 9h – Intermediate/Advanced.
- 12 to 18h – Advanced/Professional.
The short format: Passengers
Passenger brings us in the silent intimacy of all these situations and more to have a glimps of their lives. Let us show you around, with narration and music, to travel in our dreams, our hopes and our lives.
The long format: Silent Play
Without the use of words, we were able to not only practice, but witness the impact of the smallest of gestures on the scene. How subtle nuances in our expressions and physicality can speak volumes. While connecting us in a whole new way to our scene partners and our audience. A wonderful few hours that I would have liked to stretch into days.