Man is a Wolf to Man
This workshop is addressed to men (cis and trans).
Stop crying like a pussy! You have to be strong! Be a man! Just a few things that are said to young boys. And suddenly as adults we forget how to cry, how to be soft, how to be a man.
This workshop will explore modern masculinity, and create a safe space to experiment and share experiences. We will explore the whole range of emotions, situations and relationships between men. It will take us to a way of improvising: with depth, care and variation.
Let’s build a better world, by being better men.
Men (cis and trans) participants.
- 3 to 6h – Discovery of the topic, and creation of a sharing space to experiment and talk about modern masculinity in impro and on stage.
- 9 to 12h – Creation of a working space to experiment and share around modern masculinity on and off stage. Scene work on the whole range of situations and emotions not usually connected to male characters.
Number of participants
- 3 to 6h – Maximum 12 participants.
- 9 to 12h – Maximum 14 participants.
Level of the workshop
- All durations – All levels.
At first, I thought Gael’s workshop is great because it addresses men and improv, a problem I see spoken about a lot, but not much being done about it. While it does this and it does it well, it can be even more beneficial for the improv community because it is the best workshop, I have taken about creating emotional, truthful and vulnerable scenes.